My oldest is about to turn six and while I truly cannot understand how we got here so quickly, I do have to admit that shopping for her birthday gifts is getting really fun! Over half of the gifts I bought her this year are also items I would like for myself. As with any gifts, I like to mix in things Ella needs with things she asks for. I hope these ideas are helpful and who knows… maybe you will find something for yourself too!
**Click on the links below the collage to shop the items. My links are commissionable and I really appreciate when they are used. This will not increase the price for you, but will sometimes earn a small commission for my site.
- Ella was in need of three clothing items which I am giving her as birthday gifts this year. I loved this super affordable star jean jacket from Walmart. She loves to sleep in nightgowns and while I prefer the beautiful ruffle-filled ones from Sweethoney Clothing, I know she will love this smiley face, tie-dye nightgown even more. Lastly, since she seems to outgrow dance wear so quickly, I’ve begun buying her these simple leotards from Amazon. There are always a bunch of different styles and the price is great.
- Unicorn pool float – for those Summer pool days coming up!
- Bunny Barbie – I thought this cutie reveal doll was so funny and different.
- Earrings – Recently we discovered that Ella needs to wear only sensitive earrings (sterling silver or gold). I am slowly trying to build her stash since she can’t wear many of the earrings she already had. Claire’s is always my go-to spot for earrings!
- Unicorn Calico Critter set – Ella is very into calico critters and I thought this set was so fun.
- Stoney Clover Lane x Target items – This line could not be more perfect for a six year old girl! Many of the items I actually bought Ella are unfortunately already sold out and not restocking. I tried to link similar things instead! I got Ella a tie-dye makeup bag and a few patches to glam it up. I’m going to put the rainbow notebook, vinyl stickers for her water bottle, earrings, the smiley face mask, and a lipgloss inside.
- Caboodle – Ella already has a caboodle, but I wanted to throw it out there as an idea. This is my go-to gift for six year old girls! They tend to love putting small toys, makeup, nail polish, etc. inside the caboodle. Ours gets used constantly!
Her party is coming up in about two weeks! I will share my attempt to make the least cheesy My Little Pony party at a kid’s play place after that.