I’m back for another month with our new favorite subscription box! We have been seriously looking forward to this box every month. As soon as it arrives, Ella must dig in.
ICYMI, Little Bookish Wardrobe is a monthly subscription box that includes:
- A book – always one I have not heard of featuring a story that either teaches a lesson or sparks conversation with your child
- A costume – matches the main character in the book and is good quality
- A craft – something easy, but certainly entertaining for my four year old
- Question card – great discussion questions after you read the book
- Sight word cards – these are much appreciated as a mom of a young child as we move into beginning reading
July Box – How to Bake a Book
July’s book is How to Bake a Book by Ella Burfoot. It’s a sweet story about a little girl who sets out to mix up all of the “ingredients” of a good story and “bake” a book. I loved this one because it gave Ella and I so many topics of discussion surrounding the different aspects of a book.
The costume matched the main character perfectly, which is always a highlight for Ella. The apron set will definitely stand the test of time in our household and will be used constantly in the play kitchen (and the real kitchen). The costume set also included adorable play baking items which we’ve put in our play kitchen.
The craft was a fun notebook with stickers to decorate the front. Like i said, so very easy for Ella to do on her own. She thought it was awesome to have her very own notebook and immediately started using it in her own pretend restaurant. I love that this monthly subscription box gave her the tools for a full day of pretend play!
We also completed the Little Bookish Wardrobe challenge and baked pumpkin cookies!
You can always get these boxes as a one time purchase, or sign up for the monthly subscription at littlebookishwardrobe.com. I highly recommend the monthly subscription (especially during this time) because it gives you something to look forward to and built in activities for the kids every month. My discount code is mrstristinapon. Have a great weekend friends!